Effective Date and Late Update: June 11, 2013
Health Information; Notice of Privacy Practices.
This section applies only if you live in the United States. Certain health information about you is protected under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Health information protected under HIPAA may be provided by you on-line or off-line, or may be collected by us from other methods such as from a health care provider. We protect covered health information as required by HIPAA and applicable state law. Similarly, we may use covered health information as permitted by HIPAA and applicable state law.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. It is always voluntary and up to you whether you wish to provide requested information, however if you do not provide such information you may not be able to make full use of this website and its functionalities (for example, without your address, we cannot mail purchases to you).
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” or similar technology to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- To communicate with you. You agree that we may communicate with you through any contact information provided by you, including email, telephone, cell-phone, text, fax, mail, and similar methods.
- To market and provide information to you that we believe you may find interesting or useful.
- To operate and improve our business. To protect our own rights and interests and those of others.
- If information is aggregated so that it is no longer personally identifiable, we may use and share such information without restriction.
Security: How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures designed to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. However, no electronic transmission can be guaranteed to be entirely safe or secure, and you agree that we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers).
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business and for certain other limited purposes, such as to comply with applicable law.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (such as Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include our affiliate entities. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also sell or transfer your information in conjunction with a merger, corporate reorganization, sale of substantially all assets, or similar transaction.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Information for children under 13
This website is not directed towards children, and we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through this website. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 through this website, please contact us.
Reviewing or Modifying Your Information; Opting Out.
To view or modify your account information including your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To discontinue your account, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Contact Us: Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. You may contact us at:
[COMMENT: Please include an email address, as well as a postal address. Telephone = optional.]
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, under California law you may have a right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if we have done so). To make such a request, please contact us as described directly above.
Terms and Conditions
Your use of this website is also governed by our Terms and Conditions.